If you are one of the many Australians that suffers with neck pain, neck ache or neck stiffness, you will be pleased to know that our proven Physiotherapy approach may offer the solution you have been searching for.
Neck pain is very common with about one in 10 people having it at any given time. This comes as no surprise when we consider the activities of modern life such as sitting in front of a computer, watching prolonged periods of television and an increasing incidence of poor posture – particularly forward head posture.
Problems within the neck can also cause headache, shoulder pain, TMJ or jaw pain, pins and needles in the hands, carpal tunnel syndrome and upper back pain.
We encourage you to contact us for a thorough assessment with one of our Physiotherapists if you regularly experience any of the following,
- persistent neck ache first thing in the morning
- neck stiffness when reversing in the car
- clicking neck noise when turning
- constant aching neck muscles
- tingling in your hands or fingers
By far the most common cause of neck pain relates to the effects of poor posture. In order to understand the impact of poor posture, we must first consider why spinal alignment within the neck is so important.
Other common causes of neck pain include whiplash Injuries following Motor vehicle accidents, arthritis and sporting injuries.
Evidence shows that physiotherapy treatment is very for people with neck pain. After conducting a complete history, orthopaedic and neurological examination, your Physiotherapist will recommend a course of treatment that aims to reduce pressure, restore movement and prevent recurrence. Typically, your Physiotherapist will recommend the following:
- postural advice and how to avoid further strain
- a series of spinal mobilisations and manipulations to restore proper movement to the neck vertebrae
- Acupuncture/Dry Needling to tight neck muscles
- neck exercises to encourage improved movement
- massage to tight neck muscles
- recommend a contoured pillow to provide correct support while sleeping.
Please call us on 07 3419 4796 to arrange your comprehensive consultation to help identify the exact cause of your Neck Pain and begin a course of corrective care today!